Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PatLuja
Tomato Guru

Belgium
416 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2003 :  03:48:23 AM  Show Profile
Hello all,

I want to report some annoying placement of the tooltips.

I have the following function:
class Something
{
  double SetValue();
  double SetValue(const double value);
};
In the implementation I have a few instances with almost the same name length. They are placed directly beneath each other, like:
Something w, x, y, z;
double someValue;
w.SetValue();
x.SetValue();
y.SetValue();
z.SetValue();
I want to insert "someValue" between the round braces "()" for all instances. So I type "someValue" somewhere and copy it. I place the cursor between the first round braces and press CTRL-V. (Hence a tooltip shows up stating "[1 of 2] void SetValue(const double value)".) I leave my fingers at the CTRL-V keys to copy this string a few time. I click between the next round braces, but that is ON the tooltip of the line above. I see the tooltip changes to "[2 of 2] ...", but the cursor doesn't move. Maybe left-clicking on a tooltip should disable it, and place the cursor at the right place. (Right clicking on a tooltip could be used to change it.)

BTW: Hence another effect: try hovering above the "[1 of 2] ..." tooltip. Beneath it another tooltip appears, describing the code beneath the first tooltip.

Well, I've found a little solution myself. When I start pasting the "someValue"'s at the bottom, and work my way up, the tooltip isn't in the way.

I hope you can look into this matter. Thank you in advance.

With kind regards,
Patrick Luja
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000