Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PatLuja
Tomato Guru

Belgium
416 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2003 :  03:57:10 AM  Show Profile
Hello all,

I want to report the following. The auto-completion functionality has 3 disturbing points:
- When I've declared a few (four or so) variables in a header file, for instance:
int TestVariableOne;
int TestVariableTwo;
int TestVariableThree;
int TestVariableFour;
In the code file, I then use the first two a few times. The first time that I would like to use one of the last two, I discover that the autocompletion listbox only displays the first two names. The last two only appear after they have been used. (I guess that auto-completion bases its guesses on the number of times a variablename is used, which isn't always what one wants.)

- In the autocompletion listbox I can only select full variable names. In the previous versions of VA autocompletion would give the first common part of all possible variables, I really miss this part (especially in the case of the first point mentioned). Is there a possibility that these parts of variable names could be (at the top) of the listbox, please?

- A last point is something other versions of VA had, but the last hasn't. When I have defined a function with a few arguments in a header file (a class definition for instance), and I would like to declare the function in the code file, I type the name of the function (or use the autocompletion function). Then in previous version autocompletion would present an inverted tooltip stating the arguments. I don't notice this any more in the current implementation of VA X.

I hope you can do something about these remarks. Thank you in advance.

With kind regards,
Patrick Luja

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2003 :  07:40:06 AM  Show Profile
I agree that completion/suggestion is not as intuitive and easy as it was in VA6.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000