New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2003 :  09:27:20 AM  Show Profile
In the "Visual Assist X Options" dialog, "About" tab, the text in the "This product is Licensed to" window cannot be copied to the clipboard, which was a handy thing to be able to do in previous versions. Also, why is "Licensed" capitalized?

I have the option for stable code to be in italics. Things like "DDX_Control" and "ON_EN_CHANGE" are only in italics after the first underscore, however.

The contents of the HCB keep disappearing as I move my mouse. Okay, I understand that, as I hover over different symbols, the corresponding info appears in the HCB. However, it makes no sense to replace the current contents of the HCB with nothing, for two reasons. First, it flashes like a son-of-a-gun, which is distracting. Second, although you (WT) might think of the data in the NCB as "stale", I (the developer) might not - I very likely still want to see that info. At any rate, even stale info is of more value than no info.

In the "Visual Assist X Options" dialog, "Fonts and Colors" tab, "Settings" group, changing a color choice doesn't enable the "Apply" button.

When I search for the text "addr", and it stops on the line: <TAB><TAB> "address1, " , it highlights "addr" correctly. However, the last char on the line (a double-quote) is shifted to the left one character: it overwrites the space that should appear before it. For even more fun, when it stops on the line: // No address2, delete the row from the template. , it shifts every char after a space one char to the left. That is, the above comment line looks like: // No address2,deletetherowfromthetemplate. (Since I have the "View Whitespace" toggle on, I can see that the spaces are still there.)

I'm one of those oddball people that sets their source code window to a black background (I have seriously lousy vision). I notice that the listboxes, tooltips, and help windows you pop always have a white or light-colored background. This means, for one thing, that I can't use your cool color-coding in them: my pale blues, pinks, yellows, and oranges look great against a black background, but wash out to the point of unreadability against your light colored backgrounds. Could you have a simple checkbox, maybe: "Set all backgrounds to black"? Or maybe even allow me to choose the background color?

Stephen
Tomato Guru

United Kingdom
781 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2003 :  09:46:46 AM  Show Profile
I have to admit that I still haven't got round to trying VA X. Too many deadlines at work at the moment.

However, I'd like to mention that I program with a mid-grey background (0x707082) to rest my eyes, and all my colour choices are premised on that assumption.

Stephen Turner
ClickTracks http://www.clicktracks.com/
Winner: ClickZ's Best Web Analytics Tool 2003 & 2004
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000