How to close the Find References window
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ivo

34 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2006 :  2:20:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

I'm writing an add-in for VS2003/2005 that closes all non-essential windows when I press Esc (like in VC6). I can find the Output window for example by using the vsWindowKindOutput constant: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/envdte.constants.vswindowkindoutput VS.80 .aspx, which is some sort of GUID. Then I just call the Close method of the Output window.

But how do I find the "Find References" window?

Ivo

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2006 :  11:51:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
personally I have no idea, so I have put in an enquiry to see what the developers make of this question.

case=4278

Have you have considered triggering auto hide? This does not take up to much screen space when there are only a few windows involved, and you may be able to achieve this by triggering the show Find References Results toolbar button or menu option, and then sending the Escape key to the IDE.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

sean
Whole Tomato Software

USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2006 :  7:14:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you just need a GUID, the GUIDs for all the toolwindows are located at: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\VisualStudio\\[7.1|8.0]\\ToolWindows

The VA toolwindows are managed by the IDE. We provide no additional API for their control. I would imagine that whatever method you use to find and close the output window will work with any VA toolwindow as well.
Go to Top of Page

Ivo

34 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2006 :  9:44:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, guys. That did the trick. The GUIDs are the same for 2003 and 2005. Now I just hope they won't change between the different VAX versions...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000