New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2003 :  11:45:46 AM  Show Profile
Sorry if any of these have already been reported; I've tried to keep up with what everyone else has done, but I'm sure I've forgotten a lot.

On the Workspace Window, the "VA Views" tab itself is bigger than the other tabs, which looks bad. And the other, MS-authored, tabs suddenly look weird too - you might want to nudge things a few pixels to make it look more like it does without VAX installed.

There are too many borders on all the panes in the "VA Views" tab. It looks dark and clunky. Maybe experiment with removing one or more of the "Client Edge", "Static Edge", "Modal Frame", etc. properties...

The new "Open File in Workspace" dialog is an improvement, but you've simply *got* to make it multiple-selection. Having it be single selection is quite disheartening when I can see the eight files I want to open, but VAX makes me open them one-at-a-time.

I'm getting weird little half-characters on the bottom halves of the letters as I type. When I pause typing, they magically change to the letters they're suppossed to be. (This may be because I have a hacked version of VA_X.DLL?)

The "FIW" and "SIW" listboxes only expand halfway down the screen. You should figure out how big the screen is, and expand those listboxes all the way to the bottom. It would cut the number of mouseclicks I have to make in half, as my project has several hundred CPP and H files.

Wow, the "SIW" listbox is nice! It worked exactly the way I thought it would: without even thinking about it, I was trying to find "CMumbleClass::Load()" and typed in "Load", and there it was. Cool.

The tooltips for items in the "FIW/SIW" history pane need to go away eventually - they stay on the screen forever, and obstruct the source code window.

The "Visual Assist X Options" dialog box cannot be dismissed with the Escape key, which is unexpected, since it has a "Cancel" button.

Thanks.

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2003 :  11:56:38 AM  Show Profile
Excellent comments. We will forgo individual responses and just fix all the problems.

Regarding the weird little half-characters, what font and size do you use for Text?

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2003 :  12:32:46 PM  Show Profile
Thanks! I don't know if the hacked DLL that Jerry sent me has anything to do with it, but I'm using 10-pt Courier New (hey, I'm old).

Hmmmm, this is weird. I was testing it, to see if I could capture it in a screen shot (I can), and I've discovered that it only happens for files that have been saved to disk. That is, if I create a new file via the standard "New Text File" toolbar icon, and start typing, it works fine. But if I then save the file (using any extension, not just CPP or H), then it starts failing. Maybe a clue.
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2003 :  12:51:43 PM  Show Profile
We use Courier New 10 -- at least the over-40 crowd does.

We cannot reproduce the problem. Can you send us the screen shot? Post or email.

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2003 :  1:19:07 PM  Show Profile
I just emailed a shot to [email protected] - the subject is "VAX 1205 - Bottom half of characters are garbled". Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2003 :  5:23:16 PM  Show Profile
This has been fixed by VAX 1206. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2003 :  7:11:42 PM  Show Profile
Larry, I know that this is your revenge to us all who could run the beta since the first day. Now you are teasing us with a build that is not available to us.
Go to Top of Page

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2003 :  06:57:20 AM  Show Profile
Yeah, build 1206 is cool! I especially like the new feature where it automatically fixes your bugs for you!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000