Main Site | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
User name:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your password?

All Forums
 Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Wrong association between files - any way to fix?!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mordachai
Tomato Guru

USA
224 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2011 :  12:31:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm trying to edit a solution (VS2010) that includes 4 related projects (amongst others): Install, Uninstall, and Install Resources, and Uninstall Resources. The two XXX Resources projects are resource-only DLLs. The others are corresponding sources for the .EXEs.

When I try to use the "open corresponding file (Alt+O)" on any of the files, I get the files from the Uninstall project always!

So, to be clear, I've got "Summary.cpp" from the Install project open. I press Alt+O, and I get the "Summary.h" from the UNinstall project. :(

Ideas?

PS: This is VAX 10.6.1842.0 built 2011.02.03
PPS: Is there a way, in general, to force VAX to know the association betwixt files in a project (say I have one header for a dozen .cpp files, anyway to force it to see that relationship?)

Edited by - Mordachai on Mar 25 2011 12:34:30 PM

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18948 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2011 :  3:33:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
VA tries to pair up files, so that Alt-O locates the correct file and goes there automatically.

For the "summary.cpp" problem, can you please make sure all "summary.*" files are closed, then open VA's Open File dialog (Alt-Shift-O), and filter it to only show the summary files. How many are shown? Specifically, is there an even number of files, so each .cpp has a matching .h file, or is there an odd number of files?

If there is an even number of files then VA should be pairing them up correctly, based on their paths, so something is going wrong. If there is an odd number of files then VA is going to have problems pairing them up, so it won't always know what file matches to what file.

Unfortunately Alt-O is not designed to "map" many .cpp files to a single .h file. If you want to do something like this you could try looking at this IDE macro:

http://support.wholetomato.com?W439

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

Mordachai
Tomato Guru

USA
224 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2011 :  4:08:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are an even number of "summary" files (2x cpp, 2x h).

I had the same problem with English.rc/English.h, and I see that there are an even number of those as well (14 of each, in this case).

mapping many .cpp to one .h would be nice, but it's icing on the cake, a minor feature at best.

Anything else I might try to see why / reset the system to have the correct correlation of files?
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18948 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2011 :  2:17:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can you please post the full paths for the 4 "summary" files. How are these files arranged in your solution? I am assuming each pair of files is in a separate project in the solution.

I will try and reproduce the problem here, using the same paths.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000