Technical Support
 Context menu in VS2010
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gkelly_si

2 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2011 :  12:03:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In VS2005 if I highlight a block of code, say a list of #includes, and then press shift+right click, you get the context menu shown below.

In VS2010 however (build 10.6.1845.0 2011.03.13), this does not work. The shift key is ignored, so you get the normal right click menu shown below.

I have tried a reinstall but it doesn't fix the issue. Any ideas?

accord
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
3287 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2011 :  6:49:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We don't support the context menu in VS2010. Most of the commands in the menu are available elsewhere.

However, the command "VAssistX.OpenContextMenu" is still available and can be bound to a custom binding. I just did a quick test and the menu is working here, but since we don't support it officially we didn't test it thoroughly.

Edited by - accord on Apr 05 2011 6:51:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

gkelly_si

2 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2011 :  03:05:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, that's a shame but thanks for the quick response. I noticed the command was still there yesterday too, but you can't bind it to the same as it is in VS2005 because when you press the key that's the same as the right click (the actual command/menu key next to Alt-Gr) it is interpreted as a right click in the text box rather than a keypress - so it brings up the Windows context menu instead. But if we can bind to another key then that is something I can live with.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000