New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GKarRacer
Ketchup Master

USA
58 Posts

Posted - May 18 2011 :  5:54:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The "List of Methods in File" drop down (Alt-M) no longer moves the cursor to the selected function. The items are correctly in the list, but selecting an item does nothing.

I first noticed this with version 1842. I updated to the latest 1848 version, but the problem persists.

GKarRacer
Ketchup Master

USA
58 Posts

Posted - May 18 2011 :  7:19:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This may be an intermittent issue. I loaded another project and now its working again. I reloaded the previous project and it's still working. This is something I've noticed for a while now, but I'm not sure how much it's worked or not. I guess unless it's not working I don't think about it. I'll try to keep an eye on this in the future.

I can say it was bugging me enough today that I decided to update to the new version to see if it worked better. Using VS2010 I had a project open and it was not working. I closed Visual Studio. Updated to the 1848 version. Relaunched VS. Opened the solution. Same problem.

Then a while later with a different project open, I tried it again and it worked. Go Figure.
Go to Top of Page

accord
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
3287 Posts

Posted - May 19 2011 :  05:17:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
he "List of Methods in File" drop down (Alt-M) no longer moves the cursor to the selected function.

And how did you try to select the function? Pressed down arrow on the keyboard or you moved the mouse pointer over a function?
If it will happen again can you please try what happens if you start typing to filter the list?
Basically, when it happens, the listbox "works" but you don't see the selection? I mean is this only a visual problem? So when you click on a function or you press down arrow and then enter, does the editor caret move to the "selected" function?
Go to Top of Page

GKarRacer
Ketchup Master

USA
58 Posts

Posted - May 19 2011 :  1:03:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I use the mouse, but I doubt that would make a difference. The caret does not move to the selected function. Literally nothing happens except that the list is closed as normal.

Hopefully it was just some weird anomaly and won't happen again. It had been doing it for a while though until I finally decided to post about it. Naturally, then it worked.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000