New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

apayani
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2011 :  10:26:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a problem ,
When I press Alt-G on a type to go to the definition , visual assist shows a menu with multiple choices , but only the one which in the current project should be opened ,

I have several projects in parallel in a solution in VS2008 , they have some files which have the same name , but the projects are not related , why Visual assist shows those irrelevant options in Alt-G menus ?

A similar problem which was about pairing header and source files existed but it was fixed on 2009 , I hope you could fix this problem as well.

accord
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
3287 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2011 :  2:20:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately this is a known problem. I believe that this is:

case=56104

Currently, Visual Assist looks only for the scope, but you are right, the problem you have mentioned shouldn't happen in unrelated files. The thing is that Visual Assist pre-parses everything, every file when you load the solution, and considers everything as a potential source that you might want to work with. That said, you can start typing symbol names from headers that are not even included and Visual Assist will help you. (Later, you can use the "Add Include" refactoring to add them.)

So if you have symbols with the same name, but in a different namespace or in a different class, etc. if will be differentiated. But two symbols in the same (e.g. global) scope are considered the same symbol by VA.

Edited by - accord on Aug 19 2011 2:22:40 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000