Feature Requests
 Code preview pane in Find References Result
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ahkow

33 Posts

Posted - May 13 2012 :  12:06:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Currently the Find References Results only show code preview in tooltip when hovering with mouse.

I would like to suggest to open an optional code preview pane at the bottom, and changes the view when navigating result with arrow keys, just like ReSharper did:

If that is not possible, at least let keyboard guy like me to press something to view the tooltip.

Thank you very much.

Edited by - ahkow on May 13 2012 12:09:04 PM

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18952 Posts

Posted - May 15 2012 :  10:53:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a very good point. Would keyboard access to the tooltip work well enough to be useful for you? I realise this would probably be slower than this preview window, but if you only want to see the preview for the occasional result then this might work well.

We are not trying to replicate the editor with all of the syntax highlighting in the Find References Results window after all.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

ahkow

33 Posts

Posted - May 16 2012 :  09:50:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks :) Well, a keyboard shortcut is better than nothing, but a separate window is much much better for code hunting.

Regarding syntax highlighting, the existing tooltip already have syntax highlighting, IMHO, just dump the tooltip content to a separate window :)
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18952 Posts

Posted - May 21 2012 :  12:46:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have put in two feature requests here, firstly for keyboard access to the tooltip, which is a simple but less complete solution:

case=66809

And a second request for a preview window, which is obviously a bigger change, but an interesting one:

case=66810

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000