Technical Support
 [VS2012]Highlighting with wrong colors in tooltips
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ingenious

25 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2013 :  1:20:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I'm having small issues with syntax coloring in tooltips (VS2012 build 1929). VAX seems to be using the default color scheme. See the images below:

As you can see both on the left and on the right, the VAX navigation bar works well with my custom color scheme, however the tooltips use the default VS dark scheme. I tried changing to another color scheme and back, but didn't help. Is this a known issue? Am I doing something wrong or is there a work-around? Thanks!

accord
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
3287 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2013 :  11:20:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"If coloring of tooltips is enabled, the default colors rather than your colors are used (confirmed bug in Visual Studio)."
http://www.wholetomato.com/support/vs2010info.asp

However, we might be able to solve this in some way, in the future, for VS2012 (not sure about VS2010)

case=65009
Go to Top of Page

ingenious

25 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2013 :  3:05:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the reply! Hope you find a way to fix it at some point.
Go to Top of Page

VincentZalzal

2 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2014 :  4:05:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am having the same issue, but not only in tooltips, in Find Result windows too. My config:
- VS2013 Pro Update 1 (English, C++)
- VAssist build 2029
- Some Productivity tools enabled

I am using VS Dark theme, and I changed some of the colors. I also changed all the default colors from VAssist syntax highlighting. VAssist Syntax highlighting is enabled in all the windows, tooltips, etc except the main editor window, where VS2013 is already doing a fine job.

The syntax colors used in the VA Bar are the custom ones, which is OK, but in the tooltips and in the Find Result window, the default VAssist colors are used. Is this the same (unresolved) problem as above?
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18952 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2014 :  3:15:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am seeing the same problem here, we are looking into adding the colouring to the Find References Results tooltips, along with any other tooltips that VA has reasonable control over:

case=74848

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness

Edited by - feline on Mar 19 2014 3:16:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

.oisyn
Tomato Guru

162 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2014 :  06:24:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You seem to be referring to tooltips only, but that's not what 'ingenious' is talking about. I'm seeing the same thing here (VS 2010 in my case, with a custom dark background), VA uses unreadable default colors for in windows like Find in Files, Find References, etc.

Edited by - .oisyn on Mar 24 2014 06:27:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18952 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2014 :  1:45:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How have you set up your dark background? Have you changed your global windows background colour, or have you just changed the background colour of the editor window, leaving the surrounding windows with a white or pale background?

If you have only set the editor to a dark background then we recommend you only tell VA to apply its syntax highlighting to the editor window, to avoid exactly this situation, since it is hard to set highlight colours that work well on both a dark and light background at the same time.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000