Main Site | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
User name:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your password?

All Forums
 Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Does VA has any plans to support TypeScript?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

horeaper

Singapore
49 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2013 :  9:49:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Currently many developers are using TypeScript in there product. (Some of them are very big product). Since TypeScript is a superset of JavaScript, and VAX already has JavaScript support, why not support TypeScript as well? TS is not complex at all.

Because the lack of VAX, VS2012's TypeScript editing experience is actually worse than WebStorm 6! What a joke...

My life for Aiur!!!

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18947 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2013 :  9:47:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are not rushing to add support for new languages, but since TypeScript is a Microsoft language, and a superset of JavaScript I have put in a feature request to see what our developers make of this idea:

case=73873

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

e1coder
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2013 :  11:51:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I vote for Typescript support as well. As an interim solution, it would be great if the VAX snippets worked with Typescript files. Is there a way to enable that? Most snippets insert text that I have defined, so it would be nice if you allowed the user to specify the file extensions for which a snippet set applies.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18947 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2013 :  9:03:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For file types / extensions that VA knows nothing about, the VA snippets in the text node are used. These won't be suggested as you type, since VA is not active in file types it does not know about, but you can trigger these snippets either by pressing the "Insert VA Snippet" toolbar button, or by binding a keyboard shortcut to the command VAssistX.VaSnippetInsert

We would need to have proper file support, including listboxes as you type, to list these snippets as you type.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000