VA Navigation Bar: Dark FG on Dark BG
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

eddieparker

39 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2013 :  5:30:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello:

My Navigation Bar is having a dark font (black) on a dark background (grey).

I'm using VS2012, with VAX 10.6.1862.0, built 2011.12.13.

This wasn't happening before, when I tried the latest build, but the downgrade to what our license at work supports is now causing this issue. Is there somewhere I can change this setting?

eddieparker

39 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2013 :  5:34:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Note, I'm using Windows 8, as well. I can't seem to find the place to customise the colors in the control panel as people are mentioning in the other posts - if that's the spot, Win8 advice would be appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18940 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2013 :  12:49:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What do you have:

IDE Options -> Environment -> General -> Color theme

set to? The default options are Light, Dark and Blue. But if you are using the Color Theme Editor extension you might be using a different color scheme.

Can you post a screen shot of what you are seeing?

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

eddieparker

39 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2013 :  12:45:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello feline.

I'm currently set to "Dark", and I'm not using the Color Theme Editor. Extensions I'm using are, our internal CheckinPolicies, NuGet Package Manager, Productivity Power Tools 2012, TFS Power tools 2012, TFS Process Template Editor, TFS Team Collaboration, TFS Work Item Type Designer, Visual Assist, Visual Studio Extensions for Windows Library for JavaScript, VSCommands and VSVim.

Here's a screenshot of what I'm seeing. You'll notice the black text on grey background, where it says "Class MainWindow".

Side-bar: is there any easy way in VA to see the full path of the file I'm working on? I tend to go the top of the file, and that dialog will often show me the location. Not sure if there's a better way (handy for getting the #include path in C++).

Thanks.

-e-
Go to Top of Page

eddieparker

39 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2013 :  12:57:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just fiddled with things a bit:

If I switch to "light" background, the dark "MainWindow" area still stays dark. Restarting Visual Studio clears it up and makes things look right for that colour scheme (black words on a white background).

Flipping it back to "dark" however still has the above problem. Not sure if that helps identify the problem.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18940 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2013 :  9:00:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can you try installing a more recent version of VA please. There was a fix in VA 1918 to improve support for the dark theme, which is likely to fix the problem you are seeing.

You can download the current version from here:

http://www.wholetomato.com/downloads/default.asp

which will give you a 3 day trial if your license does not support it. Alternatively you can download older versions of VA from here:

http://www.wholetomato.com/support/history.asp

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000