Open Corresponding file
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rostfrei
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2013 :  04:00:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Open corresponding file currently works as described on http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/header.asp , so to open corresponding file it has to be in the same directory or part of the solution. All in all ok. In my solution I have header files of the external UI statically linked library. When exploring the project I can see all the declarations, but for the definitions I have to manually open source file from the specific location. I managed to overcome this issue by adding source files paths as described on http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/directories.asp . So now switching between symbol declaration and definition (alt+g) works even thoe source file is not part of the solution. But switching from header to source file with alt+o does not work as source is not in the same folder as the header nor is a part of the solution. Switching from source to header does work as header is part of the solution. This doesn't make sense. Visual Assist already constructed it's internal mapping between symbols and file names (definitions and declarations) so it makes no sense it wouldn't use the same info for the corresponding file opening if file is not found in the same directory or the solution.

Marko

Edited by - rostfrei on Jul 31 2013 05:35:14 AM

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18948 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2013 :  6:50:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you using a freely available library that I can download and test?

Can you post a couple of sample file paths for the header and matching cpp file, so I can try and set up a test case here, to investigate?

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000