Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

foxmuldr
Tomato Guru

USA
402 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2013 :  1:02:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It happens so sporadically... I could disable VA, but then I might be hours of not using VA without it every making an appearance.

In this case I was able to hover, press Alt+PrtScn, launch GIMP, paste into GIMP (where I saw it did not capture the hover text), go back to VS2008, hit the standard PrtScn key, and then paste again, crop down, edit, and return to VS2008 and it was still there. Only when I began navigating again with scrolling did it finally go away.

The other instances of misdrawing last on a few seconds (two or three at most) and then automatically correct themselves with or without intervention. It seems to be an internal thing that fires on a timer, or when a thread completes, so it redraws itself automatically.
Go to Top of Page

accord
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
3287 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2013 :  5:56:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
An effect like this can be very frustrating. I'm wondering how could we see whether it is a Visual Assist problem or not without disabling it.
Do you see any clue if it's a Visual Assist problem or not?
First of all, we should know this before doing further investigation.

Do you have co-workers with similar setup (with or without VA)? Do they see similar problems?
Go to Top of Page

foxmuldr
Tomato Guru

USA
402 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2013 :  8:55:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't have any co-workers that use Visual Studio 2008. I don't know what the cause is. It has not happened in the past several days of heavy development ... so what can I say? :-) In all honesty, I would chalk it up to this Dell computer if it didn't happen on other machines as well. I don't use Visual Studio 2010, 2012 or 2013 so I can't even say it's not just this version, or a bug with VA and VS2008 only, one that wouldn't appear in other VS versions...

I'm content to let it be. If it becomes troublesome I'll bring it back up.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000