New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Seefer
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2014 :  10:23:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm using Visual Studio 2013 Update 3.

I've added the appropriate directories for SFML includes and lib files in my project-specific VC++ Directories. The .lib files are in the lib folder but the include files are in the SFML subfolder inside the include folder.

When typing #include, VAX seems unable to see and list the SFML subfolder within which the include files rest. I can ignore this problem and continue entering the path as #include <SFML/Graphics.hpp> for instance and my IDE finds the includes fine during compilation. I can even right click on the #include line above and use the Open Document menu entry to open up the include file in the text editor.

Is this normal behavior?

Edited by - Seefer on Sep 27 2014 10:25:01 AM

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18941 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2014 :  10:57:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This does not sound right, no. Have you restarted your IDE since making the changes to your include directories? We need to make sure the changes have been made, and VA has had a chance to see the changes.

Can you please place the caret into the file name on the line:

#include <SFML/Graphics.hpp>

what is shown in the VA context and definition fields? These are normally at the top of the editor window, and are where the Alt-M list appears. VA should be showing you the full path to this include file. What happens if you press Alt-G with the caret inside this file name?

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000