Mark static members in ListBox
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Manuzor

Germany
3 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2014 :  11:00:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it possible to mark static members in suggestion boxes with a special symbol (C/C++)?

In the image below, the "Get" function is static, but all the other functions are not, which you could not know or guess from just looking at the list as it is. It would be nice to have a special symbol displayed next to the name of the suggestion to indicate a static member.

Maybe I just missed a setting in VA?

Thank you.

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18941 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2014 :  2:19:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately no, there is no setting for this. What are you trying to achieve here? Are you trying to avoid calling the static members from a class instance?

I have put in a feature request to add static to the toolbar that appears when you hover the mouse over a listbox, allowing you to filter the listbox. Adding icons does not scale well, since a function can have more than one attribute you want to know about at a time.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

Manuzor

Germany
3 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2014 :  3:31:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I was trying to filter out the static members of a class instance.

I thought maybe one could render multiple smaller icons on top of a base-icon, creating a compound icon which displays multiple properties of a listbox entry at once. Maybe that's not possible or too expensive, but that's ok, it was just an idea I had and I thought maybe something like this already exists.

Thanks for putting in that feature request, it seems like that will be sufficient for my needs and it sounds like it won't be too hard to implement in the current state of VA.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18941 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2014 :  10:59:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oops, I forgot the case number:

case=85612

Stacking icons make sense if you only ever have one or two icons, but people have also asked about const and virtual, just to name two off the top of my head, and the readability of overlapping icons break down fairly quickly.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000