Visual Assist showing symbols from other solutions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jasbindra00
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - May 24 2020 :  07:35:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, I am new to visual assist and I absolutely love it so far, but there is one problem.

When creating a new solution, Visual Assist shows me autocomplete suggestions based on symbols from other solutions.

For example, I'd like to make an enum called StateType, and visual assist already shows me a suggestion for that when it doesn't exist.

Also, When I press alt+O to switch to the implementation, visual assist switches to a cpp file which is not in my current solution. So if I am in Event.h, it will switch to Event.cpp from another solution.

How can I fix this?

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18724 Posts

Posted - May 25 2020 :  07:22:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This should not be happening. If you load two instances of the IDE at once, VA actually keeps a separate symbol database for each instance of the IDE, deliberately, to make sure this sort of problem should never happen.

Can you please go to:

VA Options -> System Info -> Copy Info

and paste the details (from the clipboard) into your reply. This will give us the basic information about your setup.

When you have the Alt-O problem, would you be able to post the full file name and path of the file you started in, the file you ended up in, and the file you expected VA to take you to? If this might contain private information we can do this via email if that is better.

Are you working with solutions for all of these? Or are you opening files in a folder? Or a mixture of both?

what do you have:

VA Options -> Projects and Files -> Upon opening a file, parse all other unparsed files in the same directory:
if Solution is empty
if Solution is not empty

set to?

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000