Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

abstractspoon
Starting Member

Australia
1 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2022 :  9:02:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All

I have the latest VA installed for VS2019 but am getting no droplists of members for stl containers.

And if I place the caret on 'std::string' and hit the 'Goto' button I get taken to 'Stdafx.h' instead of <string>.

Happy to try any suggestions...

What I've tried:

1. Uninstalling/reinstalling VA
2. Rebuilding symbol database

What I haven't yet tried:

1. Reinstalling VS2019 because this and the resulting reconfiguration is a huge job

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18755 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2022 :  07:22:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can you please go to:

VA Options -> System Info -> Copy Info

and paste the details (from the clipboard) into your reply. This will give us the basic information about your setup. I am particularly interested in VA's stable include directory list, since it almost sounds like VA isn't scanning the normal include directories.

Can you please try creating a new, default C++ console solution and see if you get the same problem there, to see if this is solution specific or machine specific?

When you are taken to "stdafx.h", can you place the caret at the start or end of the file, and then look at VA's Context and Navigation fields. These are normally found at the top of the editor window and are where the Alt-M list appears from. The right hand field should have the full path of the current file, what is this path? This should tell me which / what stdafx.h file VA has jumped to, since its a relatively common file name.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000