Visual Assist is forcing me to accept autocomplete
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

elad8a
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - May 23 2022 :  11:18:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the attached image, VA is suggesting me to autocomplete "std::map::at" to operator=. Ignoring this irrelevant suggestion, I continue to type '('. VA is annoyingly ignoring my typing and inserts 'operator=' instead.

I would expect this to happen only if I hit something like 'Enter' 'Tab'. instead VA is forcing me to hit the Escape button which interrupts my typing.

This sort of thing happens quite a lot.

How can I fix this?

Edited by - elad8a on May 23 2022 11:21:07 AM

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18727 Posts

Posted - May 24 2022 :  06:08:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For accepting a listbox, VA respects the IDE setting:

IDE tools menu -> Options -> Text Editor -> C/C++ -> Advanced -> Member List Commit Characters = {}[]().,:;+-*/%&|^!=<>?@#
so if you edit this list of characters to remove () then these will no longer accept a listbox.

If you cannot edit this setting then it is probably because you have set:

IDE tools menu -> Options -> Text Editor -> C/C++ -> Advanced -> IntelliSense -> Disable IntelliSense = True

so if you enable IDE intellisense you will be able to edit this list of characters, and then you can disable it again.

I am happy to try and help work out why the listbox has the wrong items as well, if you want. If you place the caret into the variable "color" can you then look at VA's Context and Navigation fields. These are normally found at the top of the editor window and are where the Alt-M list appears from. This will show what type VA thinks this variable is. Obviously if the type is wrong then the listbox will also be wrong.

If the type information is wrong, what happens when you try Alt-G on "color"? Where does VA take you?

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000