Feature Requests
 up/down toggles function not edit line
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AndyM

10 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2004 :  06:23:46 AM  Show Profile
The one thing that is annoying in Visual Assist is that when I press down to skip to the next line I often just cycle the popup function definition (for the overload function my cursor is over) instead. Perhaps I can change this easily? It might be better if Shift+Up/Down or user-defined keys were used to cycle the overloaded-function definitions while the cursor up/down always skips to the next line.

Edited by - AndyM on Apr 06 2004 07:16:25 AM

schoenherr
Tomato Guru

Germany
160 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2004 :  07:29:34 AM  Show Profile
i totally agree with you
Go to Top of Page

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2004 :  09:29:39 AM  Show Profile
Now that you mention it, that's a great idea. I hate the fact that I have to have one finger on the Escape key, so that I can dismiss whatever VAX pops up, so that I can navigate to the next line. Have you ever found yourself doing a "Down/Escape/space/Down/Escape/space/Down/Escape/space/Down/Escape/space ..." sequence to insert a space on several lines? It's very annoying. If we could map that to another key, that would be fantastic.
Go to Top of Page

AndyM

10 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2004 :  10:13:51 AM  Show Profile
Exactly Larry!
Go to Top of Page

jpizzi
Tomato Guru

USA
642 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2004 :  10:38:51 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Have you ever found yourself doing a "Down/Escape/space/Down/Escape/space/Down/Escape/space/Down/Escape/space ..."

I usually just highlight a column of spaces and insert them. You can hold down the Alt key while you drag over a rectangular section, and it will do a "block select." After you have that done, you do a "block copy" with the normal Ctrl-C, then a "block paste" with the normal Ctrl-V.

But, yes, I have had the irritation of having to dismiss a pop-up when I am just wanting to navigate. Not sure that it happens enough for me to worry about it, though. As always, YMMV.

Joe Pizzi
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000