VAX/Class wizard problems & prototype automation
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

squidge

23 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2005 :  10:11:24 AM  Show Profile
VA_X.dll file version 10.1.1418.0 built 2005.06.24

1) Code added by Class wizard (eg. add function/variable to class) shows up in the cpp file as the undefined color until the header file containing the definition is changed. I can only assume that VAX doesn't know the header file has been changed.

2) Class wizard is a bit long winded - it would be nice if we could just enter a function manually into the CPP file, and then press some magic key sequence and get VAX to enter the function prototype automagically into the appropriate class (just dump it at the bottom, don't worry about the public/private etc)

Edited by - squidge on Aug 07 2005 5:21:40 PM

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2005 :  3:34:42 PM  Show Profile
i have never used the class wizard, so i am not sure how to reproduce this. using VS 2003 i have used:

project menu -> add class

to add a generic C++ class to my C++ project, but i am not seeing any option to add either a function or a variable to the class. is this option only available on certain types of classes that have been added? if so what class type are you using?

point number 2 have come up in one form or another before. currently there are no plans to do this, since it is rapidly moving into refactoring code. however i did once play with creating a simple IDE macro to do this by simply recording the correct sequence of key strokes. doing this in a generic manor is actually very hard, but you can record a macro to approximate this fairly easily for basic cases, by simply copying the function's name line, and then stripping off the class name and appending the semi-colon. if you then cut the line as the last thing the macro does you can alt-o and CTRL-V where ever you want the line.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

sean
Whole Tomato Software

USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2005 :  11:08:33 PM  Show Profile
Point 1 can be repro'd by rt-clicking on a class in the vs2003 classView pane and selecting Add|Add Variable...

case=687 - fixed for next build
Go to Top of Page

squidge

23 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2005 :  06:26:47 AM  Show Profile
I'm not sure how you would plan to add the feature to a future version of VAX (whether via direct text editing, or whatever), but the following quote may be of use to you. It's an answer to a question I've posted on another forum, and one which I am going to try and implement:

==========
Get the current class using CodeModel, and call the AddFunction method on it. However, this will not bring up a wizard, so you'd have to pop up a custom little form with the text inputs and use that as arguments to the AddFunction call.
==========

Sounds simple enough to me from the above description, so here's hoping is it exactly that :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000