Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

[email protected]
Starting Member

Norway
1 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2006 :  07:57:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi
I have tried the option "include modified methods" under the "VA View" Tab, but it seems to be quite buggy. Sadly, because it is an excelent idea.

When I change a method it comes up in the in the window, nice, but when I select it, it sometimes sends me to the header file and sometimes to the method or even to some other place. It seems to be specialy buggy with overloaded methods.
Also quite anoying, that it is sorted each time I selct one item,(Maybe mostely because I must selct it severeal times for it to send me where I want.)
Is it just mine or is this a general problem?

"include modified files" and all other functionality seems to be working superb.

/KET

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18940 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2006 :  5:28:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i am seeing the same thing. as a work around for double clicking taking you to the header file, once you are there you can simply press alt-g. if you do this before you move the caret it does not matter that the caret is at the beginning of the line, and not in the function name.

double clicking on a recently opened file also sorts the list, so i believe this is by design. it makes sense, since it keeps the items you are interested in at the top of a potentially quite long list.

the problem with going to either the cpp file of the .h file is that if you modify a member function prototype in the .h file this also adds the function to this list in VAView. so VA does not know if a list entry refers to the header file, the cpp file, or both. this thread helps to explain why:

http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=2277&SearchTerms=include,modified,methods

still, it would be useful if VA was consistent in where it went. so far i have not been able to reproduce it taking me somewhere else. does this only seem to happen with overloaded methods?

case=968

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness

Edited by - feline on Jan 24 2006 6:41:16 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000