Technical Support
 1440 Corrosponding .h/.cpp Bug
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jacobi

23 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2006 :  1:48:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a problem where using the corrosponding .h/.cpp command will skip over the .h file. Specifically when I'm using a third .inl file.

Say I have:

module.h
module.cpp
module.inl

Using the command in module.h will go to the cpp, but using it in the cpp will go to module.inl. From module.inl it goes back to module.cpp and not to the header.

Personally, I would prefer that the command cycles between all three files; though I suppose if you want to integrate .inl into the behavior of this command that'd be up to you. However it seems like at the very least it should stay between the .h/.cpp and ignore the .inl file. Right?

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18755 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2006 :  4:48:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
using VS2003 with VA 1440 and a C++ project i have created 3 new text files, all in the same directory:

C:\\share\\code 2003\\feline_launcher\\module.cpp
C:\\share\\code 2003\\feline_launcher\\module.h
C:\\share\\code 2003\\feline_launcher\\module.inl

i then added all 3 files to a VS2003 project. opening the cpp file i used alt-o, which takes me to the .h file. from there alt-o takes me to the cpp file, and then back again. at no point does it take me to the inl file.

if i start in the inl file the first alt-o takes me to the cpp file, and from there i bounce back and forward between the cpp and .h once again.

can you provide more details of your situation, then perhaps i can reproduce what you are seeing.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000