New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dgehri

Switzerland
43 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2006 :  11:14:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
VA.X 1442 with VS 8:

I just installed the latest VA.X. As far as I can tell, VS no longer hangs when I use certain template types.

However, I've had another problem for some time. I'm not sure, but I think it started with VA.X 1441 (yes, the intermediate version). But since I upgraded to VS 8 at about the same time, it may be the combination of VA.X with VS 8.

The problem is that I don't get any parameter info. Never. Even this simple code (from another post of yours) does not produce the parameter info:

static int calculateNumber(int nStart, int nMiddle, int nEnd)
{
	return (nStart + nMiddle + nEnd) / 3;
}

static int getCounter()
{
	return calculateNumber(|)
}

Is there some hidden option to enable/disable parameter info ?

Also, I still have another problem where none of the member functions of a parent class are visible in the derived classes.

Regards,

Daniel

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2006 :  12:15:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The IDE sometimes loses its setting for parameter info. Make sure "Parameter Information" is enabled in Tools|Options|Text Editor|C/C++.
Go to Top of Page

dgehri

Switzerland
43 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2006 :  12:39:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That was it. Strange, I thought that the parameter info is provided by VA.X, so I tried to find the corresponding option in the VA.X configuration dialog.

Thanks,

Daniel
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2006 :  2:09:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
VA X provides parameter info when the IDE doesn't, and perhaps always when "Get contents from default Intellisense" is not checked??? (VA X is so big a product it's hard to keep it all straight.)

In any case, VA X reads the IDE setting to decide if it should display parameter info or not -- at least for VS.NET and VS2005.

For VC 6.0, VA X has its own setting since it cannot read consistently the setting within the IDE. And... you need to unset the option in the IDE settings for VC 6.0 manually to make the [often incorrect] parameter info of that IDE go away completely.

Maybe you remember our own setting from VC 6.0.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000