Technical Support
 Vax 1444 Bug report: always crash VC6 IDE
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cnbragon

4 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2006 :  11:07:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been used VAX 1444 trial version sevral days,and it often crash my IDE,i use Visual C++ 6.0 IDE,and with Processor Pack 6.
When I compile or link my project, that will happen.
Visual Assist X is a great tool.hope u will fix this bug soonly.

jpizzi
Tomato Guru

USA
642 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2006 :  11:47:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let's see if we can track this down. 1444 has been out long enough that if this was the normal situation, we wouldn't have heard the end of it. Can you tell us anything about your environment or project that might be considered unusual? You mention Processor Pack 6. I assume you mean Service Pack 6? Do you have any other add-ins installed? Are you using a localized version of VS? How long have you been using the trial, has it always done this, and did it appear to install cleanly?

I hope we can help to track this down and squash it.

Joe Pizzi
Go to Top of Page

cnbragon

4 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2006 :  12:17:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thx for your reply.
my environment:

Visual Studio 6.0 is also the original English ver, yes, that's it Service Pack 6.
my project is the common situation of Win32 Application without MFC :P.
I haven't installed any other add-ins except for VAX.
I use VAX 1444 for a about 1 week,and install it cleanly.

sorry for that i haven't talking this problem clearly.

that is :

When I use Ctrl+F7 to compile my *.cpp files or Ctrl+F5 to build my project,it will hang up the IDE, and the IDE has no response at all. just like this:
but it seems that the files have been compiled succefully or the *.exe file has been successed built,but when i try to exit VC6 IDE at this moment,it will give me a messge box like this:

and i must use process explorer to terminate the IDE,
without install vax, i never got this prolem before.

regards

Edited by - cnbragon on Apr 08 2006 8:07:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

Frank_Li
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2006 :  08:52:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm using VisualAssist now since about one year with VC6 and never had any problems with it.
My current version is 1444 and I have also service pack 6 installed and it is even a localized version of VC6.
It seems that your linker is hanging for any reason, but I dont thing that this problem is releated to VisualAssist. Switch VisualAssist off and try if it then works or even uninstall it and try.

Frank
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18941 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2006 :  5:14:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the images are not loading for me *sigh*

if disabling VA fixes the problem then that will be an interesting fact. be warned that disabling and enabling VA in VC6 can crash the IDE, due to the way the IDE handles plugin's, so restarting the IDE manually is recommended.

if you get another lockup can you load a second instance of the IDE, attach to the first and get us a call stack please? a log file might also help:

http://www.wholetomato.com/support/faq.html#log

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

jpizzi
Tomato Guru

USA
642 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2006 :  5:37:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Apparently, he has his machine turned off currently or his IP changed, as the images don't load now for me, either. The first image was a snapshot of the output window with the last entry: "Linking...". The second image was the dialog box you get when you try to close the IDE while a compile is in progress.

Let's hope he can get a stack dump.

Joe Pizzi
Go to Top of Page

cnbragon

4 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2006 :  8:15:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thx for all your reply.
to:jpizzi

this is my log file of VAX and the two images which i post:
http://blog.dev-club.esnai.com/Files/cryptostudy/logandimages.rar
i got the log file from VAX's directory.

because of i'm in china, and we r in different time zone,so when u see this post,i'm sleeping.^_^,and my pc is turned off,it's the reason why u can't see the image.
but what u said about the two images is right.

i'll disable vax and try for some times to check if this problem still be there. if not, i'll catch the call stack here to show u.

btw: i think it may be the problem which va_x.dll is packed with armadillo, some times armadillo doesn't work stablely.

Edited by - cnbragon on Apr 08 2006 8:23:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

jpizzi
Tomato Guru

USA
642 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2006 :  9:12:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Was this log from a session that locked up? I'll attach it to a bug report, if so. I think better would be a stack dump (when it locks up, open another instance and break into the first).

Joe Pizzi
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000