Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18947 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  7:18:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry about that, your reply about sorting got overlooked *oops*
i do my best to keep up with everything that happens on the forum, but occasionally things escape my notice. i will give this some thought and see what i can come up with. we try very hard to avoid adding options, which sometimes complicates things.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

khb
Tomato Guru

Germany
337 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2006 :  02:05:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you, feline. I understand that you try to avoid options. However, this feature doesn't need to be in the general options. I think a new check box (e.g., called 'Sort by name') next to the 'Highlight all' check box would de the trick. But that's just an idea...

Regards,
Marcus.

Edited by - khb on Aug 09 2006 02:05:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

khb
Tomato Guru

Germany
337 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2006 :  07:22:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Case 1427 reappeared for me in build 1533. I.e., after some time double-clicking items in the reference results window will not lead to an jump to the corresponding source code line any more. However, the workaround to close and reopen the find window works for me.

VC6, Win XP, no further add-ins.

Regards,
Marcus.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18947 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2006 :  1:44:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
is your find references result window pinned open or floating?
i have never seen this happen, and i use find references a lot, but i have the results window set to autohide.

when you close the results window are you just using the VA toolbar button to bring it back, or are you re-running the find?
does time, simply leaving it a while, or using the window a lot seem to be the trigger for it stopping working?

Go to Top of Page

khb
Tomato Guru

Germany
337 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2006 :  02:37:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's floating and not in docked view. Last time it happend to me, the results window was open all the time. I think this was the scenario in most of the cases when the window stopped working for me. As I said, I closed and reopened it to make it work again with build 1533. However, in former builds (e.g., 1524) I had to re-run the find to make it work again. So it is easier to recover from the problem with the current build, but the problem is still there.

Regards,
Marcus.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18947 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2006 :  6:37:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
after a bit of experimentation i can reproduce this without waiting.
if i double click in find reference results to jump to something, and then double click on a different result in find reference results then nothing happens.

however if i left click into Find Reference results first, avoiding any of the code lines, and then double click on one of the results then it jumps just fine.

this does not happen if find reference results (and the output window) are docked. can you try this, and see if how you change focus between the floating windows matters?

case=2365

Go to Top of Page

khb
Tomato Guru

Germany
337 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2006 :  07:32:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just did a lot of clickings, but I can't reproduce what you describe. However, I found out what causes the result window to freeze in my case: If I double click on a reference and then close the window that pops to the front, i.e., that contains the reference, then the result window stops working.

Regards,
Marcus.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18947 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2006 :  4:25:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i see the same effect, which seems to be caused by how focus is returned to the find references result window, at least for me.

Go to Top of Page

khb
Tomato Guru

Germany
337 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2006 :  02:16:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All right. Anyway, have you already had some time for giving the sorting idea some thoughts (see your first post on this page)?

Regards,
Marcus.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18947 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2006 :  6:56:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
unfortunately not *sigh* it has been just a little manic for me the last few months, but this is still on my list of things to think about.

looking at the results window, and thinking about this, a check box does seem to be the best solution. adding some form of clickable column header is not really ideal. i have put in a feature request for this

case=2402

Go to Top of Page

khb
Tomato Guru

Germany
337 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2006 :  01:59:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you, feline! You're doing a good job!

Regards,
Marcus.
Go to Top of Page

khb
Tomato Guru

Germany
337 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2006 :  02:26:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Regarding case 2365, is there any change that it gets fixed in one of the next builds? I normally close windows when I'm done with them. Then the result window always stops working, also still in build 1538. That's quite annoying...

Regards,
Marcus.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18947 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2006 :  07:48:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have bumped the priority on this case, hopefully this will help a bit. Unfortunately I have no estimate on when this will be done though.

Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2006 :  12:23:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Case 2365 is fixed in 1540.
Go to Top of Page

khb
Tomato Guru

Germany
337 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2006 :  11:11:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, I'm back at work. And the result window now works for me correctly. Thank you!

Regards,
Marcus.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000