New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chris Wilcock

United Kingdom
26 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2006 :  04:39:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello

Alt+G does not seem to be working properly in build 1530. I have a class called CMainDlg defined in maindlg.h and implemented in maindlg.cpp. When I press Alt+G on a call to a CMainDlg member function within maindlg.cpp, VA does not offer me a choice of targets, it just goes straight to the declaration in maindlg.h.

If I then go back to the CPP file and click the Reparse button, VA does pop a menu listing both the declaration and the implementation when I subsequently press Alt+G.

The same problem happens if I click on a function call in maindlg.cpp that refers to a function in another pair of CPP/H files - VA 1530 always goes straight to the declaration in the H file until I do a manual Reparse on the CPP file.

I've tried rebuilding the symbol databases and clearing the cache, and the behaviour is still the same.

Thanks for your help...!

Chris

Chris Wilcock

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2006 :  10:18:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If your first case, VA X will jump to the header if you're in the implementation. VA X assumes you know where you are and don't need a menu.

If you're in the file with the implementation but not within the implementation itself, you'll get a menu.

As for the last problem where VA X took you only to the header -- this happens when VA X hasn't see the location of your implementation. Since you have build 1530, VA X should know if you have "Parse all files..." enabled when you open your project? Do you have the option enabled? (It's in the VA X options.)

If you don't have the option enabled, VA X sees locations only when you open cpp files. Hence, behavior changes after you visit the file containing the implementation. (In this manner, VA X helps with sources you visit outside your project.)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000