create implementation to clipboard ring
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tom_seddon
Tomato Guru

162 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2006 :  7:40:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It would be good to have VAX create the implementation(s) to the clipboard ring, so you can paste the result wherever you like. (I try to keep the methods in the file in the same order they are in the header, so having VAX just put the latest one at the bottom isn't to my taste.)

(PS I am poisting each of my 3 ideas as a seperate thread for easy case tracking, let me know you actually prefer them all in one go.)

tom_seddon
Tomato Guru

162 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2006 :  7:49:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry, by "have" I mean "have the option to".

By the way, if you get the flood control warning, when you return to the posting page the submit reply button is greyed out. Is this a bug in the forum software?
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2006 :  6:45:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i don't think i have ever received a flood control warning from this forum. based on other forums the disabled button is probably deliberate, to try and slow down your rate of posting.

one suggestion per thread is much better for me, and i suspect for everyone else. it makes discussing things a lot easier.

as for the clipboard idea, i like this i also like to keep my functions in the same order as the header file, so i am having to move the new function outlines every time i create one, which is a little wearing, but still a lot better than manually creating them.

case=2093

i have said that you should still be swapped to the cpp file, and placed at the "correct" spot. this is useful when you have more than one class in the same cpp file, and also it provides feedback to the user so they know something actually happened.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2009 :  9:43:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
case=2093 is implemented in build 1715

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

sean
Whole Tomato Software

USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2009 :  12:19:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We didn't actually end up writing to the clipboard for this. The generated code is selected at the end of the operation so you can cut it and put it where you want it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000