1532: VAX not showing default parameters
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

thruska
Ketchup Master

71 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2006 :  04:47:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
NOTE: This may be related to the "Default Intellisense finds 2, VAX finds 1" issue in another thread.

With VAX turned on, default parameters for functions are not showing up for both hover and edit modes (shows all parameters but not default parameters). If I use the default Intellisense (turn VAX off), default parameters show up for both hover and edit modes.

The function prototype is as follows:

int Save(BString &Result, const SomeClass &Data, UInt32 Count = 23, SomeOtherClass *OtherClassPtr = NULL, BString Format = "");

Save() is part of a base class. The base class, 'SomeClass', and 'SomeOtherClass' are all part of the same wrapper/parent class. See my other message for additional information on the design of the classes.

Thomas Hruska
CubicleSoft President
http://www.cubiclesoft.com/

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2006 :  3:12:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what do you mean by hover and edit modes?
hover suggests some form of tooltip. is this the tooltip you see when hovering the mouse pointer over a call to the function? or is this the tooltip you see when calling the function, and the parameters are listed in the tooltip and go bold as you call them. this tooltip is triggered by placing the caret between the round brackets and pressing CTRL-SHIFT-SPACE.

i do not follow edit mode at all.

the other thread is here http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5200

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

thruska
Ketchup Master

71 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2006 :  4:18:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"hover suggests some form of tooltip. is this the tooltip you see when hovering the mouse pointer over a call to the function? or is this the tooltip you see when calling the function, and the parameters are listed in the tooltip and go bold as you call them. this tooltip is triggered by placing the caret between the round brackets and pressing CTRL-SHIFT-SPACE."

Hover mode = "is this the tooltip you see when hovering the mouse pointer over a call to the function?" Yes.
Edit mode = "is this the tooltip you see when calling the function, and the parameters are listed in the tooltip and go bold as you call them."

I couldn't think of a better phrase that describes those modes. The tooltip acts differently when I "hover" versus when I "edit". One I use the mouse with, the other with the keyboard. Dunno what you call it, that's just the way I think.

BTW, I'm not so sure that this is a problem any more. I've introduced too many variables into the equation. After writing this I disabled the "Allow Acronyms" option which, in turn, rebuilt the cache and lot of problems simply disappeared and I'm not sure why. Since I just upgraded to 1533, I'll do some more testing again.

Thomas Hruska
CubicleSoft President
http://www.cubiclesoft.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000