Horizontal scroll affects VAX tooltips
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

thruska
Ketchup Master

71 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2006 :  3:33:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a bug I've noticed in all builds of Visual Assist (pre-VAX too). I generally put a single statement on a single line regardless of the length of the statement.

Anyway, take a long line like:

CurrDC.BitBlt(ClipRegionRect.left, ClipRegionRect.top, ClipRegionRect.Width(), ClipRegionRect.Height(), &MemDC, ClipRegionRect.left, ClipRegionRect.top, SRCCOPY);

When the IDE display (Visual Studio 2003) is not scrolled to the right any, the tooltips show up perfectly. However, if I scroll all the way to the right and mouse over, say, the 'S' in SRCCOPY, the tooltip incorrectly shows "CRect ClipRegionRect" and in build 1532, the refactoring "down arrow thingie" (for lack of a better description) is nowhere near the "SRCCOPY" symbol. If I then mouse over the 'Y' in SRCCOPY, the tooltip incorrectly shows "LONG tagRECT::left". Your mileage may vary depending on screen resolution and how you scroll over. The important thing is that VAX is not picking up the right element to process (it acts like it is "ghosting" other elements on the line). This problem consistently shows up on long lines of code (of which I've got plenty). VAX tooltips are just fine as long as I don't have to scroll horizontally.

Thomas Hruska
CubicleSoft President
http://www.cubiclesoft.com/
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000