New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

John_H_Bergman
Tomato Guru

USA
198 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2006 :  01:41:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can you make the button that shows up while overing that gives the refactor menu larger? I have been refactoring a lot, and I think the button is just too small to be efficient.

John H. Bergman
CTO
SiliconZone

[email protected]

To Send email, remove the .online.

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2006 :  4:03:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
are you aware that the refactoring options are listed as a sub-menu in the shift-right click VA menu? this may make things easier for you.

personally i always found the icon overly small, but i suspect this is a deliberate decision, to try and avoid it being to intrusive or distracting.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

John_H_Bergman
Tomato Guru

USA
198 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2006 :  01:06:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know another thing that I find annoying sometimes is the little popup windows... I'd like to have preferences on where the popup (above, below, bottom of window, top of window,... hmmm, I wonder if you could pop them up over some other pane... I usually have search outputs, etc docked along the bottom, it'd be nice to put them down there while I type so I can see the surrounding code.

I did not know about shift-rightclick, I'll try that. (Thanks)

John H. Bergman
CTO
SiliconZone

[email protected]

To Send email, remove the .online.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2006 :  1:05:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
where to put tooltips and menu's is not as easy we you might hope. on one of my machines i use two monitors, so i place most of the dockable windows from the IDE on the secondary window, but i have a few of them, like find reference results, set to autohide at the bottom of the main window.

when testing VA bug reports i do most of my work in a virtual machine, so only one monitor, and some of the dockable windows are pinned open, while others are set to autohide.

so for me there is normally no space for these lists and tooltips to go that is not going to get in the way of the code.

then you have the question of "where is the caret?" if it is at the very top of the window you have a different problem to when it is at the very bottom of the window.

then VA has to work around the tooltips produced by the IDE, should it decide to produce one...

given all of this i really am not sure what options VA could offer, even assuming we wanted to offer some.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000