Visual Studio 2005
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Paul Selormey
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2006 :  9:06:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have just started using VA under VS.NET 2005, have used it under VS 6 and VS.NET 2002/2003.

So far the I am highly disappointed by many odd behavior. The current one, I did a lot of pasting of a block text in a file (C# project) and that is it, now anytime I paste even a WORD the VA will select all lines of code in the file and reform the file. I had to disable it to complete the work.

Sometimes I do replace all in a file and some lines are text are deleted, I have to undo or simply close the current file in replace all in files support.

I do not use many features like syntax coloring of VA etc. The growth of the product is slow and less productive, there is not even auto-updating support for new versions etc.

Best regards,
Paul.

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18948 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2006 :  08:33:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Which language are you using? Have you tried turning off:

VA Options -> Text Editor -> C/C++ -> format after paste

With this option turned on VA will ask the IDE to format the code that you have just pasted into the file, but this does not reformat the entire file.

Lines being deleted on replace all is very strange, especially since replace all is an IDE feature, not a VA one. How are you triggering replace all? Are you using one of VA's refactoring features?

As for growth of the product, the 15xx builds have added refactoring, which is a major step forward for many of our users.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000