Enable syntex coloring on non-English Windows
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AgedBOY

6 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2006 :  8:23:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Enable syntex coloring in VC2003 on non-english version of Windows

First of all, I suggest you install a legal copy of VAX.

Then, you should know the VAX only recognizes and modifies the setting for "Identifier" of your IDE.

If you're using a non-English version of Windows, your VS.net IDE would also be installed as non-English version automatically. In other languages of VS.net, the "Identifier" option is not spelled as "Identifier", such as "-?+?+?-?-+++", or something like that.

This is exactly the reason why the syntex coloring dosn't work in VS.net IDEs in other languages.

Now I tell you how to settle it.

1, Open the folder "Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\\Common7\\IDE\\", you will see a folder named "1025", or "3082", or "1041", or some other figures. You must know that this folder was named by the "Windows Language ID". "1025" is Simple-Chinese, while "1041" is Japanese, etc.

2, Now enter the figure-named folder and backup the file "msenvui.dll".

3, Open file "msenvui.dll" with a resource editor (such as VS.net itself). Expend the string table. Find string "13768", and replace that string to "Identifier". After that, save and exit the resource editor.

4, Launch VS.net IDE. Open "Options" dialog. In "Fonts and Colors" category, find "Identifier" option. You will find that the value of "Identifier" has been changed to "Custom" (the original value should be "Automatic"). Yeah, this "Custom" is made by VAX on every starting. What we really want is just this dear "Custom".

5, Open a C/C++ program file, and, what do you see buddy? :) :) :) :) ......

Edited by - AgedBOY on Nov 08 2006 8:29:46 PM

sl@sh
Tomato Guru

Switzerland
204 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2006 :  04:56:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AgedBOY
If you're using a non-English version of Windows, your VS.net IDE would also be installed as non-English version automatically.

On a sidenote, it is possible to install the english version of the VS 2003 IDE on a Windows system using another language - that is the setup I currently have, and VAX syntax coloring works just fine!

(don't ask me how it's been done, my PC had been set up before I came to the company, and they didn't even know of VAX by then...)

Edited by - sl@sh on Nov 09 2006 04:57:48 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000