Technical Support
 Latency in completion
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DrB

28 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2006 :  2:48:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am constantly running into a problem with completion on class member functions in C#. I have to pause for a split second after hitting the ".", or VAX will not come up with the correct completion list.

For example: if sw is a StreamWriter, and I quickly type "sw.WriteLine("Hi Mom!");", vax will change the WriteLine to some other method that doesn't even belong to StreamWriter. Sometimes it will change the whole "sw.WriteLine" to something that doesn't even begin with "sw.".

However, if I type "sw." and pause for just a split second, it then gets the correct completion list and all is well.

I don't type terribly fast. I'm using a dual Xeon 3.0 GHz machine with 3 GB of ram. The machine isn't doing anything except running Visual Studio 2005. I have VAX build 1540 installed.

It does seem that after I pause on "sw.", it then seems to recognise the proper methods for StreamWriter without having to pause the next time I type it.

Thanks

sean
Whole Tomato Software

USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2006 :  3:55:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you have this option checked "Show completion list after a character is typed" in Tools|Options|Text Editor|C#|Intellisense?

case=3050

Is this list that appears in these odd cases any different than if you type ".wri" by itself?
Go to Top of Page

DrB

28 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2006 :  5:06:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, that checkbox is checked.
Go to Top of Page

sean
Whole Tomato Software

USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2006 :  10:12:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Contact me via my forum contact info if you would like to try out a test dll that might resolve this issue.
Go to Top of Page

DrB

28 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2006 :  2:15:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just had it happen to me, so I thought I would show an example. I'm in C# and type "...* Math.Sqrt(x)". Which VAX then changed into "... * SqlRowUpdatedEventArgs(x)".
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000