Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sl@sh
Tomato Guru

Switzerland
204 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2006 :  09:55:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And another feature from Eclipse:

In Eclipse, whenever you double-click just to the right of an opening bracket, all the enclosed text from this point right to (and not including) the matching closing bracket is being selected.

This is quite a useful feature when you're copying blocks of code, or even better, function parameter lists.

Since VAX already does a good job at finding matching brackets this shouldn't be too hard to implement - provided VAX has sufficient control to actually set the current text selection. (which I don't know)

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18943 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2006 :  11:30:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe you can do this already in the IDE, but you need some obscure key press to make it work. I once printed out the default keyboard shortcuts for VS2003, there were a load, and this rings a bell.

A similar feature has already been requested, using the slightly different method of holding down the alt key and double clicking with the mouse between the brackets. I am not sure where this exact trigger came from, but it is fairly unique.

case=824

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

rhummer
Tomato Guru

USA
527 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2006 :  11:45:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In VS2005, there is Edit.GotoBraceExtend which goes up a braced and highlights it, defaults to Ctrl+Shift+].

I'm pretty sure it's the same for VS2003.

Tools Engineer - Raven Software
VS2005 SP2/VS2008 SP1 - VAX <LATEST> - Win 7 x64

Go to Top of Page

sl@sh
Tomato Guru

Switzerland
204 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2006 :  04:10:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the help. I wouldn't have known what that command was for even had I known it existed! The command Edit.GotoBraceExtend works in VS 2003, although, as I found out, here it is assigned to the shortcut Ctrl-Shift-^ . However, it also selects the brackets themselves which is kind of counterproductive in those cases it would be most useful for .

Now I only need to find a way to assign a mouse click combination to that command...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000