New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MrDoomMaster
Tomato Guru

251 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2006 :  11:43:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys,

One of the fixes in Build 1541 was the member listing not showing up properly for the 'iterator' class.

here's an example:

XUTIL::xList< int >::iterator it;
it.

I still get no member listing for my iterator class. Feline has my xList class so if the developers need to verify this they can.

Is anyone else having similar issues? Mainly you, Feline, since you have the source code to the exact class in question :)

Thanks.

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18952 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2006 :  1:16:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Using the test project, if I sit in App1.cpp and go to line 41 and hover the mouse over "iterator" from:

XUTIL::xList< int >::iterator iter = myList.Begin();

then the HCB shows me the members for this class. Adding a new line and typing "iter." I am having to press CTRL-SPACE to get a completion list, but once I do so a list appears just fine. This is with content from default intellisense turned off.

How close is this to what you are seeing?

I used VS2005 Professional and VA 1541 for these tests.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

MrDoomMaster
Tomato Guru

251 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2006 :  01:45:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't tried pressing Ctrl Space yet. I just press the "." and expect the member listing to appear. So I'm guessing this means you just tried pressing "." and it didn't appear? So you then tried Ctrl+Space and it worked fine?

I'll try this when I get into work tomorrow morning.

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

MrDoomMaster
Tomato Guru

251 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2006 :  1:52:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ctrl+Space does not work.

If I do:

XUTIL::xList< int >::iterator::

I get a member listing just fine. If I do:

XUTIL::xList< int >::iterator iter;
iter.

I do not get a member listing.

PS: I also don't know what HCB means. If you could spell that out it might be a a little more familiar to me :)

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

rhummer
Tomato Guru

USA
527 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2006 :  2:00:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HCB = Hovering Class Browser, in the VA View window :)

http://www.wholetomato.com/support/glossary.asp

Tools Engineer - Raven Software
VS2005 SP2/VS2008 SP1 - VAX <LATEST> - Win 7 x64

Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18952 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2006 :  3:25:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is this in the test project you sent me? If not can you try there?

The fact it works for me in the test project suggests that VA should have no problems with this code. So some difference in the environment or setup becomes the next place to look.

Go to Top of Page

MrDoomMaster
Tomato Guru

251 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2006 :  7:42:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry, yes I did test this in the project I sent you. I suppose I should have used the example from that project.

I didn't know about the VA View, cool feature! When I hover over 'iterator' the members and variables for that class do show up in the HCB.

Again, Ctrl+Space has no effect. The member listing also does not appear for "iter." when I add a newline and type it, just as you instructed.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18952 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2006 :  08:21:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am testing with:

VA Options -> Text Editor -> listboxes -> Get content from default Intellisense

turned OFF. You are seeing the correct information in the HCB, this indicates VA has successfully understood the code, so I would expect the completion list to work. Can you run regedit and export the keys:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER \\ Software \\ Whole Tomato \
in "Registration Files" format please, and send me the file you get via

http://www.wholetomato.com/support/contact.asp

including this thread ID or URL in the description, so we can match it up. This way I can be sure that I am running the same VA options as you.

Have you done anything to disable the IDE's default intellisense?

Go to Top of Page

MrDoomMaster
Tomato Guru

251 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2006 :  1:26:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Default intellisense is turned off for me.

There is a DLL file named feacp.dll in <VS8>\\VC\\vcpackages\\ that I have deleted, due to the fact that this DLL is what controls the intellisense in Visual Studio. Since I use visual assist, I don't need the default intellisense (I would assume there are no dependencies (hopefully)). The default intellisense is very slow.

I'll send you the registry key tree shortly.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18952 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2006 :  2:10:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have the registry file, thank you.

Is it correct that you have turned off VA's enhanced syntax colouring? I deleted my VA registry tree and then imported the one you sent me. VA's colouring is turned on, but it is not applied to anything, so it is not having any effect.

With the IDE's intellisense still enabled CTRL-SPACE is showing me the members for the iterator class in the test project.

Having disabled the IDE's intellisense I now get the same problem as you. It seems that when pressing CTRL-SPACE the IDE produced the list when VA was unable to do so. Yet the HCB shows the class members, and the correct members are listed after ::, it is only the class instance that is the problem.

I restored my registry settings, and it made no difference, so it does not seem to be a settings problem.

I would not have expected this. It is very useful you provided this test project, I can hand it on to the developers along with the bug report.

case=4108

Go to Top of Page

MrDoomMaster
Tomato Guru

251 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2006 :  2:31:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm glad I could help you guys out. Thanks for taking the time to verify this with me Feline, I truly appreciate it.

If I find out any other weird things I'll be sure to let you guys know. Feel free to use the code I sent you in any way needed.
Go to Top of Page

MrDoomMaster
Tomato Guru

251 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2006 :  10:11:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by feline

Is it correct that you have turned off VA's enhanced syntax colouring? I deleted my VA registry tree and then imported the one you sent me. VA's colouring is turned on, but it is not applied to anything, so it is not having any effect.

I don't use VA's syntax coloring. However, I must keep syntax coloring "enabled" so that bolded parenthesis work (this is an apparent bug). I had started a thread some time back about this issue and you had been able to reproduce it. It has not been fixed yet, however. But this is a completely different issue of course.
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2007 :  4:06:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Case 4108 is fixed in build 1549.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page