Caret repositioning after "Refactor" context menu
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

peterchen
Tomato Guru

126 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2006 :  7:47:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is a little anoyance when using the keyboard for refactoring: When the refactor context menu is opened, the caret is positioned before the keyword. When I now press ESC for whatever reason, I don't get a refactor menu again.

A little example: The vertical bar | indicates my caret position:

Ras|putin()

I press Alt-S (my personal hotkey for the refactor context menu). I get

|Rasputin()

and the refactor context menu. Here I might notice an option is missing because my latest changes aren't parsed yet. So I press ESC, then [Ctrl-.]

Then I want to press [Alt-S] again, but I get an empty context menu because the cursor is in front of (not on) Rasputin.

This is a mior issue, maybe there is a reason for going to the begining of the word, and not accepting the word when the cursor is in front of it. But if it#s just a side effect, it would be nice if it can be fixed :)

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18943 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2006 :  1:48:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have noticed the jumping caret myself ever since this hotkey was introduced, but I have just tried this in VC6 with VA 1543 and the refactoring context menu opens both times for me. I start with the caret in the middle of a function name, trigger it and it appears. Press Escape, and then trigger it again now the caret is at the start of the function name and it appears just fine.

which IDE and version of VA are you using?

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000