Main Site | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
User name:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your password?

All Forums
 Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Why License Check in use even when VA is disabled?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GreenMoose

Sweden
36 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2007 :  03:55:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Are there technical reasons why the license check integration stuff cannot be started/paused if VA is enabled/disabled use rather than during IDE Startup, or is this done like this for some other reason?

For instance, if I have several computers but only working with 1 at a time, I must close down all IDEs on all computers except the current one. If I switch between the comps often this gets quite annoying if I currently am in debugging sessions etc.

Can't the check be implemented both during startup as well as when using the Enable/Disable VA switch instead, so one can just disable VA on the IDE not currently "in use", instead of having to shut down the entire IDE?

Thanks.

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2007 :  1:02:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The simple answer is that the licence check is not an exact science, and it relies on the assumption that two computers running VA is two developers using VA. I know this is not always true, but it can be hard to tell these two apart.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2007 :  4:51:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yet another part of the answer is, "we use a [very good] 3rd party tool for license checking but we don't have complete control of it." We're unable to claim a license is not in use when our exe is still running. Hence, an IDE that complains of exceeding a license still counts as a user until the IDE exits, even it VA X fails to load.

If only the world was a perfect place...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000