Refactoring suggestions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

diarrhio
Ketchup Master

53 Posts

Posted - May 29 2007 :  07:18:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
* Is it possible to have the "Create Implementation" function insert the implementation in the order it's found in the header file rather than appending to the end of the file? For instance, if I declare a method to a header file, somewhere above a method that already has an implementation, I want the implementation for the new method to appear "above" the other method.

* Is it possible for the Encapsulate Field function to:

• Add the methods it generates to the .cpp file instead of the header
  • Prefix the method names with "get" and "set" (in lower case). I'm assuming this is probably already configurable somewhere... I just don't know where.

Thanks.

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - May 29 2007 :  08:08:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ordering of functions for Create Implementation, this is something we are looking into doing something about. VA ordering the functions automatically is hard, since doing this rather assumes that the header and cpp files are in the same order currently, and normally they are not.

For now the new VA Outline feature in 1555 is ideal for re-ordering your functions in a file. See here for details on enabling this beta feature:

http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6149

Encapsulate Field, to change the formatting simply edit the "Refactor Encapsulate Field" Autotext entry
VA's refactoring operations are designed to be small and simple, so they just work without asking you any questions, and so you can chain them together how you want. So currently there is no way to tell Encapsulate Field to place the functions into the cpp file.

You might want to have a look at this discussion on using IDE macro's to control VA refactoring, which would allow you to create a macro to do this:

http://docs.wholetomato.com?W382

We are discussing some way to give people more control over VA refactoring, but this is still at the discussion stage currently.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

diarrhio
Ketchup Master

53 Posts

Posted - May 29 2007 :  09:35:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wonderful. Thanks!

BTW, for once I'm in the same timezone as you. I'm visiting Oxford this week. Was in London for the (rainy) bank holiday :)
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - May 29 2007 :  12:06:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah the glorious British summer! Its traditional that it rains on a bank holiday you know

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000