Technical Support
 Context menu refactoring submenu refactors wrong
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arnt

20 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2008 :  12:15:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hi, I'm having a problem in the (old) build 1549. (No license yet for the latest version, soon I hope.) I have not seen anything related in the current version history on the site so I suppose this will still be the case in the latest build.

Anyway, the problem is this:
class A
{
int b();

void c();
}

My text cursor is positioned just before the character 'b'. I push shift, and right-click on c. I choose refactor/create implementation. And this is what appears in my cpp:

int
A::b()
{

}

So, basically, the refactoring happens on the text cursor position, not on the click location.

I've just discovered the ease of this 'create implementation', but currently my use of it is seriously slowed by having to remember to click first, then shift-rightclick.

Looking through the version history again, I wonder if the addition of the refactor menu to the normal context menu might have fixed this?

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18943 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2008 :  12:40:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The problem appears to be fixed in VA 1626. When you shift + right click is the caret moved to the click position? It is for me.

For now have you considered mapping a keyboard shortcut to the command VAssistX.CreateImplementation
You will need to move the caret to the correct place first, since the keyboard shortcuts work on caret position. But they are faster than using the mouse right click menu.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

Arnt

20 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2008 :  04:06:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, another reason to bug my boss about an upgrade ;-)

I hadn't thought about the shortcut, but it's a good idea, I'll try it out.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000