Technical Support
 Minor documentation issue
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

farrago

3 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2008 :  07:06:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Couple of comments on the documentation for http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/vasnippets.asp - in particular the "Locating Definitions" subsection.

1. It says the files can be found at "C:\\Documents and Settings\\username\\Application Data\\Visual Assist in Win2K or Windows XP" whereas I actually found mine at: "C:\\Documents and Settings\\username\\profile\\VisualAssist\\Autotext". Admittedly I did used to have a roaming profile held on the server, and then converted that back to a local profile. So that could be responsible for the difference.

2. Your docs also say:
quote:
...you may obtain the latest default files from the Visual Assist X installation directory under ******check this ******* VA Snippets\\Latest.

Not sure you meant to leave ******check this ******* in there!

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18942 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2008 :  2:04:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Both directories are correct for me. The first directory is the path I always direct people to on both win2k and winXP.

VA actually just asks windows for the path to use, which is why there is a different path under Vista, where these things have been moved around. Apparently windows is returning a different directory on your system.

You are quite right about the check this bit, I have asked someone to remove that

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000