Feature Requests
 VAX Installation Bug
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KingTermite

3 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2008 :  11:28:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not sure where to put this, so hopefully this is the correct area.

I purchased/installed a version of VAX for use with Visual Studio 6.0 in September 07. From my archived CD, it looks to be build 1561.

Installed it and used it fine for some time. I had another (VAX unrelated) issue with Visual Studio 6.0 and reinstalled it about a month ago (March 08).

Naturally, VAX toolbar and such wasn't in Visual Studio anymore. However, neither was it in the toolbar list or in anyway selectable.

I thought, no biggie, I'll just reinstall latest version anyway as I'm still under maintenance.

I go to install latest maintenance version and it also does not show up in Visual Studio's toolbar list. I think this is a problem. A reinstall should have fixed the issue.

I was able to fix the issue by uninstalling first and then reinstalling, but I think a simple reinstall the first time should have worked. Possibly an issue in your installer.

Not a major problem, just an *FYI* to Whole Tomato.

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18941 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2008 :  2:25:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When you install VA, if there is no sign of the VA toolbar in VC6 then the installer should re-create it for you.

If you end up in this situation you can actually correct it by simply closing all instances of VC6. Then run regedit and delete the string value:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER \\ Software \\ Whole Tomato \\ Visual Assist X \\ CreateToolbarVC6 = "xxx"

and reload VC6. VA will ask you if you want to assign keybindings to commands that it exposes to the IDE. You can simply say No to this. The toolbar should now have been re-created.

VA obviously thought that the toolbar was still in existence, even though it was not.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000