Technical Support
 Cannot select code
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jkelley

2 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2008 :  01:03:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In VS2008 under Vista Business x64 with SP1 and VA 1640 - cannot select text with mouse. New install of VA, no options configured/changed.

jkelley

2 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2008 :  01:05:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hrm, just restarted VS and the problem went away. Maybe it only presents itself when you first register VA and disappears after restart.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18942 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2008 :  08:43:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have seen the occasional reports of problems selecting text with the mouse with VA installed, but so far I have been unable to reproduce this problem in any recent version of VA.

You should not have had this problem, VA should work fine after installing it. I am glad the problem has gone away. Hopefully you will not see it again, but if you do please tell us, and we will try to find out what is going wrong.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2008 :  3:25:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had it myself recently under 1639, but seriously i feel its not VAX related at all. It seems to be related to VS itself. Its not the first time I had it and seems to happen when other addins like source control are involved that open up dialogs in the background and modify current windows editability. Sometimes it goes away by closing the source code window, sometimes you have to restart the ide.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000