Feature Requests
 minor issue with shortcut key
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

epace

3 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2008 :  11:32:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I use Visual Studio's team settings a lot, but the only setting that is not preserved is VAssistX.OpenCorrespondingFile so it must be rebound when the settings are imported.

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18951 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2008 :  12:39:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you importing IDE settings?
If so can you import the settings, then rebind VAssistX.OpenCorrespondingFile then export these new "fixed" IDE settings?

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

epace

3 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2008 :  2:33:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just tried it again to be sure (exporting and then importing), all within the same IDE and same version of VAssist, and the binding still does get lost. If it helps, I bind it to Ctrl-P, and nothing else is bound to it.

Not too big a deal, really. It does sound like a one-line fix.

Edited by - epace on Jun 13 2008 2:34:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

accord
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
3287 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2008 :  5:23:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Which IDE and Visual Assist do you use?

I changed VAssistX.OpenCorrespondingFile binding to CTRL+P, and then exported the settings:

IDE tools menu -> Import and Export Settings -> Export selected environment settings

using VS2008 and VAX 1640.

I Removed the keybinding, restarted the IDE, imported the settings, and finally I got CTRL+P for VAssistX.OpenCorrespondingFile again.
Go to Top of Page

epace

3 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2008 :  6:00:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am using MSVS 2005 Version 8.0.50727.762 (SP.050727-7600)

and

VAssist Version 10.4.1626.0 built 2008.01.17.

IIRC It does the same on my machine at home, which is probably MSVS 2008 but I am not sure at the moment. In the exported settings, I find the lines (the other command for comparison):

<RemoveShortcut Command="VisualAssistX.OpenCorrespondingFile" Scope="Global">Ctrl+P</RemoveShortcut>
<RemoveShortcut Command="VisualAssistX.OpenContextMenu" Scope="Global">Ctrl+O</RemoveShortcut>

And in the current settings file when I import and restart the IDE, as part of one very very long line:

<RemoveShortcut Command="VisualAssistX.OpenCorrespondingFile" Scope="Global">Ctrl+P</RemoveShortcut><RemoveShortcut Command="VisualAssistX.OpenContextMenu" Scope="Global">Ctrl+O</RemoveShortcut>

Though, it does not show up in the dialog window.

But then I bind it and look at the current settings again, and it does show up in the dialog window, but the lines are apparently identical.

<RemoveShortcut Command="VisualAssistX.OpenCorrespondingFile" Scope="Global">Ctrl+P</RemoveShortcut><RemoveShortcut Command="VisualAssistX.OpenContextMenu" Scope="Global">Ctrl+O</RemoveShortcut>

It sounds more like a Visual Studio problem, possibly the command name conflicting with another.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18951 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2008 :  10:17:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After importing the settings does the keyboard shortcut actually work? Ignore the IDE options dialog and what it shows or does not show, and simply try pressing the key in the editor.

From the page: http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/shortcut.asp

quote:
Default shortcuts appear in the options dialog of Microsoft Visual Studio .NET only when the Keyboard mapping scheme is set to [Default Settings]. Default shortcuts do not appear if you use any other scheme. For example, you do not see the default for VAssistX.GotoImplementation if your scheme is set to Visual C++ 6.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000