Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2008 :  12:59:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
VS2005, C#

While writing code it occasionally happens that I'll have to add an new member to a class i am using right now, so I complete the code i am working on and later add the member to the class. VAX always gets in my way doing this, because of the way it handles the completion lists when there is no match at all.

For example, my intention is to add a new property to myClass called myProperty.

this.instanceOfMyClass.[here VAX pops up with the members o myClass]myProperty pressing space now will overwrite myProperty with whatever was pre-selected in the completion list.
Why does VAX keep the selection in the suggestion list if the is no match with what was typed? If i remember correctly this was not the behavior in older versions.

accord
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
3287 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2008 :  6:46:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The basic idea to doing this is you are always seeing the right items in completion listboxes. But in this particular case, this is not true. There is an option to change this:

VA Options -> Advanced -> Listboxes -> Selections committed with: Any character not valid in a symbol

but it applies only to suggestion listboxes. We are considering to apply VA listbox "selections committed with" options to all listboxes:

case=9369

so you will be able to turn off this functionality.

You are right: this is new, because there was a change in 16xx series to behave like default intellisense.

Edited by - accord on Jun 22 2008 6:54:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2008 :  6:50:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, would be really nice to NOT have it behaving like that. Its too irritating and really makes you write more instead of less.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18942 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2008 :  08:42:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is down as fairly urgent, but unfortunately I do not have an estimate on when it will be done. As a temporary work around pressing Escape to dismiss the listbox should help.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

sean
Whole Tomato Software

USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2009 :  10:08:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Build 1707 honors your C# completion character set and commit on space option.

Edited by - sean on Jun 12 2009 10:09:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2010 :  5:38:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Selections committed with" behavior for member lists is now configurable under VA Options | Advanced | Listboxes. (case=9369), implemented in build 1829.

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000