Technical Support
 File has been deleted bug with 1640 and 1626
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

anilyigitfiliz

5 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2008 :  04:27:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have copied my project to another folder and now when I try to open the solution an error message appears saying:

Visual Assist X
The file 'FILE NAME' has been deleted! Be sure to save the contents of the editor before closing the window.

where FILE NAME is a file that has been left open in the previous session.

After that Visual Assist doesn't work at all underlining all symbols recognizing nothing. And when I try to save any file the Visual Studio gives this warning:

Warning
"FILE NAME" was not saved and no longer exists. This problem occured due to a conflict between VS.NET and real time, anti-virus software. Please be sure to save the file again.

This error happens everytime I open this solution. I am sorry for not being able to give a specific description of the error for there isn't any specific sequence for this error it just happened and now happens all the time.

I tried disabling Visual Assist and the error disappeared so I am sure this is caused by Visual Assist. I have tried versions 1640 and 1626 they both gave the same error. I have VisualSVN installed, I tried uninstalling/installing VisualSVN it didn't change the error so I don't think VisualSVN is affecting the error. I am using Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for Software Developers.

anilyigitfiliz

5 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2008 :  09:34:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After hours of trying I've finally managed to find the source of the error. My new project folder name contained a Unicode character '#305;' which is a Turkish alphabet character and when I renamed the folder to make it all ascii characters it worked. So to sum up if the solution is in a folder containing non-ascii characters Visual Assist gives the errors described in the previous post.
Go to Top of Page

sean
Whole Tomato Software

USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2008 :  10:48:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Build 1646 supports filepaths that contain Unicode characters.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000