New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

znakeeye
Tomato Guru

379 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2008 :  04:12:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Two things.

I've seen this before. Alt+G stops working in our huge solution and I fire up a new project to test and see if VAX is somehow broken. Then it works, of course! So, I go back to my huge solution and try it again. This time it works. Strange...

VAX 1646, VS 2008, "Parse files on startup" disabled.

AfxMessageBox("Test"); // Alt+G
Options:
appui1.cpp:144
appui1.cpp:157
afxwin.h:5375 // Wrong order!
afxwin.h:5373 // These two should be sorted correctly!

As you can see, the order of the headers and source files do not match!

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18943 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2008 :  10:13:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Problem 1, since parse all files on startup is turned off alt-g will not always work. Alt-g has to know where to jump to, but that requires VA having parsed the destination. If VA has not parsed the destination then it will not know about it.

I don't know if that is a factor in what you are seeing or not. Does it seem to be a factor, based on what you are seeing?

Problem 2, you are making an assumption here. You are assuming that the header file and the cpp file should be listed in the same order. This is a debatable assumption.

Currently VA does not know how to match up the declaration and implementation for an overloaded function, so it cannot make sure that they are automatically placed in the "correct" order.

So you can make the assumption that the declarations and the implementations are always in the same order, but I see no reason to assume that this is going to be the case in general.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000