Disable Listboxes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BadWolf

7 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2008 :  02:48:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I only want the listboxes to apear when I presse CTRL-Space. I don't find any setting in the options for this.

Problem is, the parser from VAX is not parsing always correct. There are some Symbols it just did not know. So now, the lisbox apears and when I write perfect correct code it is replaced with crap by VAX, because it selects this crap from that listbox, wich does not know about the correct method.

For example, I'm typing "std::max(", VAX replaces it with std::max_elemet() . I'm typing "boost::bind(" VAX replaces it with boost::BOOST_BIND().

My "Workaround" is pressing ESC whenever I use std:: or boost::, because a tool that replaces perfect fine code with incorrect code is just useless.

C++ is a pretty complex language, so I don't expect VAX to ever parse every file errorfree. But I DO expect it to not to turn my code into garbage.

So, is there any registry setting, ini-file or anything to avoid this. VAX is just to great to uninstall it for this one annoyance. So please say there is a way.

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18950 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2008 :  08:21:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Turning off the IDE option:

IDE tools menu -> Options -> Text Editor -> C/C++ -> Auto list members

should do what you want. This works for me in VS2005.

"std::max(" should work correctly, it does for me. "boost::bind" is a known problem case, and it is one that we are working on.

You may find that turning on:

VA Options -> Advanced -> Listboxes -> Get content from default Intellisense

helps. Sometimes the IDE's intellisense is better than VA's and sometimes VA's is better. This varies from user to user.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

BadWolf

7 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2008 :  11:07:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah, that's much better. Thank you. I only searched the Options in Visual Assists's Menu.

std::max and boost::bind were just examples from the top of my head. There are many more, mostly in wxWidgets classes.

I disabled intellisense (renamed the DLL). I hope that is okay with VAX. The default intellisense checkbox is disabled.

I use precompiled headers. Can this be the culprit for the non working std::max and co.? I'm using the default Dinkumware STL that is delivered with Visual Studio 2005.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18950 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  09:03:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Disabling the IDE's intellisense is fine, and is quite common:

http://docs.wholetomato.com?W133

wxWidgets, does VA know about this library? If not this would explain some of the problems you are seeing.

Can you please go to:

VA Options -> System Info -> Copy Info

and paste the details (from the clipboard) into your reply. This will give us the basic information about your setup.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000