Feature Requests
 Can Assist X become more customized?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

baei1024

3 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  10:40:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Auto sense and auto fill are the two functions I love the most, these save a lot of spelling work and reduce mistakes from happening. But there is some kind of file in Visual Studio is beyond Assist X reach, it cannot sense the type and build-in function in shader script for instance. (DirectX dev, I solved auto fill problem.)
Even can Assist X support NAnt building script by a user defined file? Just like what they did in NotePad ++.

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2008 :  7:07:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you asking for VA to support different languages?

Currently we do not have any plans to support extra languages. I suspect that NotePad++ simply offers syntax highlighting for these NAnt files. This is a common feature in text editors, since you can often define the syntax highlighting rules with a fairly simple script file.

Adding support to a new language to VA's parser is a much more complex and involved task.

If these DirextX shader files look like standard C++ code then you could simply tell the IDE and VA that they were C++ code as described here:

http://docs.wholetomato.com?W328

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

baei1024

3 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2008 :  10:58:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for you reply.
I tried the method you provide in that link, I only turned on part of the function. Visual studio detects a small portion of key word and build in function originally, how can make Assist X detects all of them? (I have included all the related .h files in Visual Studio setting as I can.)
Go to Top of Page

baei1024

3 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2008 :  10:59:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for you reply.
I tried the method you provide in that link, I only turned on part of the function. Visual studio detects a small portion of key word and build in function originally, how can make Assist X detects all of them? (I have included all the related .h files in Visual Studio setting as I can.)
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2008 :  11:27:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do not understand the problem. Can you explain the problem you are seeing?

What file extension are you seeing this problem in?

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000